Raffle Official Rules
The Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant Win a Car Raffle
Part Proceeds to Benefit “The Cecelin Gayle Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization which assists the Caribbean communities in South Florida and Jamaica.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS RAFFLE UNEQUIVOCABLY STATES THAT YOU DO OF YOUR OWN FREE WILL. YOU UNDERSTAND THIS IS A GAME OF CHANCE. YOU ACCEPT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH FORM A CONTRACT. THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES RELEASE AND INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF ENTRANT AND A LIMITATION OF ENTRANT'S RIGHTS AND REMEDIES. READ THESE FULL OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
This raffle is sponsored by The Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant, having a corporate address of 6800 West Commercial Blvd, Lauderhill, FL 33319 (the “Sponsor”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of The Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant Win A Car Raffle (the “Raffle”) is only open to legal residents of Florida who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the "Entrant"). All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor and may be used for marketing purposes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Raffle will consist of three random drawings: One for the Grand Prize: 2023 Toyota Corolla. The second for a check payout of $2,000. The third for a check payout of $1,000. The raffle begins on July 19, 2023, at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 22, 2023, at 2:00 p.m. ET (the "Raffle Period"). To enter, Entrant must:
Purchase a raffle ticket at any Dutch Pot location.
Enter your first name and last name, phone number and email address on the Official Entry Form;
Drop your completed official entry form in the raffle box provided.
Retain your copy of your official entry form. This serves as your proof of purchase and must be used to redeem prize.
LIMIT: No limit on the number of entries per entrant.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS:
Three random drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor on December 22, 2023, at or about 5:00 p.m. ET from all eligible entries received during the Raffle Period to select the Grand Prize-winning entry, the second winning entry, and the third winning entry (“Raffle”). Odds of winning will be based on the number of entries submitted during the Raffle Period. Sponsor’s decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum.
4. GRAND PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
The Grand Prize will consist of one (1) 2023 Toyota Corolla. Accordingly, the total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prizes is $23,000.
Second Prize will consist of US $2,000 check. The third prize will consist of US $1,000 check.
Prize(s) are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All approximate retail values are subject to change based on, among other things, normal price fluctuations associated with the subject industry in the marketplace. Sponsor or Sponsor's representative(s) reserve the right to deny portions of the prize package to winner who engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person with no further compensation.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE ACCEPTANCE: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN. The potential winners will be notified via phone, or text message during the drawing. As determined by the Sponsor and at its sole discretion based on the information the potential winner provided when registering in the raffle, the winners will have three (3) days to respond to the phone call or text message to accept their prize. If a potential winner does not respond within allotted time, an alternate winner will be chosen, and the potential prize winner will be disqualified. Once eligibility has been verified and the sponsor receives the winner’s requested information, the sponsor will arrange to award the prizes.
Each winner of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to provide proof of identity, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, and, unless prohibited by law, a complete written Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form, W-9 tax payer request for identification form and where legal, Publicity Release (“Affidavits”) as well as any other documents required by Sponsor, all of which must be received fully-executed within seven (7) business days of receipt or such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential prize winner may be selected from the relevant drawing. Each prize winner further grants full permission to the Sponsor and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, and assigns anyone authorized by any of them, to use winner’s entry, name, photograph, likeness, voice and biographical data, in whole or in part, in any and all media for the purposes of advertising, publicity and trade without additional compensation or right of approval.
Winner will be required to provide the Sponsor with their U.S. driver’s license number and social security number. Inability to provide this information will disqualify winner and an alternate winner selected.
6. ENTRY NOTES. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry and reserves the right to reject any submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of Sponsor’s policies, standards, or practices. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor may use the information provided for marketing or other purposes.
Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Raffle if fraud or technical failures impair the integrity of the Raffle as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prize based on eligible entries received prior to the cancellation.
Sponsor will be collecting personal data which may be used for marketing purposes to entrants. This data will not be shared.
Each prize winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges, all insurance, federal, state, and local taxes, and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prize. The winner is responsible for picking up or transporting car to their location. Winners of the check is also responsible for pick up of prize.
The prize will be awarded only if the prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Neither Sponsor, Administrator, The Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant, The Cecelin Gayle Foundation Inc., the Sweepstakes entities, prize suppliers, nor any of their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities or any of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, attorneys, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) shall be held responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from or in any way relating to: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Raffle; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Raffle or the processing of entries; (v) any injury, death or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Raffle; (vi) use of any prize; and (vii) the drawing process including the outcome of the Raffle.
Sponsor makes no warranties and hereby disclaims any and all warranties expressed or implied, concerning any prizes furnished in connection with the raffle.
This Sweepstakes and/or promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media platform on which the raffle is posted.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, ineligible, or damaged entries. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Raffle. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Raffle or downloading materials from or use of the website. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor will award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation by random drawing. Entrants, by participating, agree that Sponsor and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Raffle.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state of Florida or the appropriate Court located in the state of Florida; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
11. WINNERS LIST/ RULES: To obtain the names of the winners (available after December 22, 2023), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Dutch Pot Jamaican Restaurant Win A Car Raffle Attn: Marketing Department, 6800 West Commercial Blvd, Lauderhill, FL 33319. All such requests must be received by January 12, 2024.